We opened our new school nursery in January 2018. It is housed in a purpose built separate building including outdoor space with direct gated access onto our school field and forest school area. We follow the revised EYFS curriculum and statutory framework, learning through purposeful play. We have lots of lovely resources in our newly built classroom and outdoor area so we are always busy playing and learning together.
The Main School
We are proud of our heritage so all of our classes are named after castles in the North East of England. Each year, we consider the needs of the school, the children and organise classes within the constraints of the school budget and physical space. We currently have three classes in each phase of the school. Children are organised into mixed aged, mixed ability registration classes ensuring children’s needs are balanced across the classes.
Further information on classes, key stages and staff:
- Nursery – Miss A Suggate
- Lambton Class (YR) – Miss A Hillery
- Lumley Class (YR) – Miss F Bell
- Aydon Class (Y1) – Miss J Kerridge
- Alnwick Class (Y1/2) – Mrs N Harrison & Mrs N Banks (Deputy Head Teacher)
- Auckland Class (Y2) – Mrs C Bovill & Mrs N Banks (Deputy Head Teacher)
- Barnard Class (Y3/4) – Miss L Duckworth
- Bowes Class (Y3) – Mrs A Morris & Mrs S Erlebach
- Brancepeth Class (Y4) – Miss E Lawson & Mrs S Erlebach
- Lindisfarne Class (Y5/6) – Mrs J Burns
- Warkworth Class (Y5/6) – Mrs N Oxnard
- Bamburgh Class (Y5/6) – Miss L Harrison