Our School Vision
‘Neville’s Cross is an inclusive family where all are nurtured to become happy, confident and resilient learners supported to reach their unique potential. Our children develop skills to become active members of our school, community and society.’
We believe that learning should take place in a happy, caring and stimulating environment in which staff, children, parents and the local community have important roles to play.
To this end we aim:
- to provide a happy, caring environment in which both children and adults feel secure and valued, where they will find satisfaction and pleasure in their work and where learning will flourish.
- to ensure continuity and progression within the curriculum and provide opportunities for children to develop an understanding of the world and their influence upon it.
- to enable children to develop lively, enquiring minds and the ability to question and discuss rationally and to apply themselves to realistic tasks and challenges.
- to encourage individuals to celebrate their own and others’ achievements and to develop a wider appreciation of human fulfilment and aspiration.
- to enable both children and staff to fulfil their potential and in so doing, acquire knowledge, skills, concepts and attitudes which will be relevant throughout their lives.
- to help children develop spiritually and morally, drawing inspiration from, and developing tolerance of, world religions, cultures and ways of life.
- to develop each individual as a caring, concerned and contributing member of the community