Neville’s Cross Primary School works closely with the following professionals in order to provide the highest level of support for pupils with SEND.
- Behaviour Support Services
- CAMHS Assessment Team
- Durham Movement Difficulties Service
- One Point Children’s Service
- Durham Educational Psychology Service
- School Nurse Service
- Learning Difficulties and Disability Support Service
- Looked After Children
- Medical Practitioners
- Social Care and Health
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Tree Tops Occupational Therapy
We are also closely involved with our Community of Learning which is a cluster of schools working together to support children with SEND. As a Community, in order to support such children, we have secured initiatives such as Lexia, a computerised reading program, as well as time and expertise from the movement difficulties team and the speech and language team. A transition worker has been employed through COL funding supporting children moving from KS2 to Durham Johnston.
The impact and effectiveness of Community of Learning resources are reviewed annually in line with budget constraints.
If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.